Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Ooops!

I forgot I was supposed to like, post things here and stuff. Life is hectic so I've just been dealin' with that, but I figured I'd drop a few things for ya' real quick.

The Bay Area hip hop scene will be getting some much deserved attention in March on both MTV and MTV2. The "My Block: The Bay" piece that MTV was filming all around the Bay a few weeks ago will be debuting on MTV2's "Sucker Free Sunday" on March 5th. E-40 is hosting for the day as well. If you don't have MTV2, don't worry because the piece will also be shown on regular ass MTV at some point in March as well. For whatever reason the internet is goin' nuts with dates for the MTV showings so I have no idea what day it will actually be on. Call MTV I guess.

As for what will be included in the piece?

Here's what "Dave" at Rap News Network says. I have no idea who Dave is, but fuck it... it sounds like a damn good show to me. I think I'm most excited to see San Quinn get the exposure out of all this. If you miss it I'm sure someone will YouTube it and I'll post that up when they do.

Earl Stevens had the listening party for My Ghetto Report Card the other night in the Big Apple. Apparently 40 and Lil' Jon treated their guests to fresh baked cookies and a dance recital performed by a few ladies from a local dance troupe. Sounds good to me.

The single, "Tell Me When To Go," has apparently been getting crazy radio play lately so I hope that translates to big sales for the album dropping on March 14th. The closer we get to the album release the more excited I am to see what direction 40 is going with the rest of the songs. I'm also really curious about what the second single is going to sound like. Supposedly, it's going to be the song with T-Pain called "U And Dat." With T-Pain on it I'm guessing it'll it be a smoother, slower track to pull the ladies in. Time will tell.

Word around the campfire is that Keak Da Sneak has signed a deal with a certain big label. Unconfirmed as of yet, but stay tuned.

Finally, my good buddy T-K.A.S.H. is set to drop his new album on March 21st. It's titled Turf War Syndrome and is coming out on Paris' label, Guerrilla Funk Recordings. Pick this shit up! Not everything has to be hyphy in the Bay. People can come with some other shit as well and T does just that. You can read more about T-K.A.S.H., the album and check out a couple songs from it right here and read his interview at AllHipHop right here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Damien said...

Maybe that was the perfect post for a short write-up about the Laitdbac mix-cd...
:-)

March 01, 2006 11:48 AM  
Blogger TCakez said...

I cant wait to get my hands on that T-Kash album...

You need to check his show on FRidays on KPFA midnight-2am...

Him and Paris are the perfect combination...

March 28, 2006 1:14 AM  
Blogger Doxx said...

Yeah, I gotta go grab that album still. Tomie is my boy from way back in the day when I did my old newsletter and magazine. He was one of my writers back then when he was just a young buck so I gotta support him now with his album.

I have a hard time getting the station to come in out here, but I try and listen to it online whenever I can.

March 28, 2006 2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home