Sunday, January 15, 2006

New E-40 Video - "Tell Me When To Go" featuring Keak Da Sneak

PHOTO FROM: Focus And Record

First things first before I even get to the video...

I'm positive Lil' Jon and BME/Warner Bros. are serious about trying to blow 40 up, but I'm a little dissapointed that the E-40 section of BME's website is using an E-40 bio/press release that was written to promote Grit & Grind back in 2002. It's actually not even the whole thing, just part of it. Regardless, it's talking about songs from a previous album. I know that this is a miniscule piece to a much larger promotion/marketing puzzle, but you would think that it would be REAL easy to get a new one written to coincide with his upcoming album, My Ghetto Report Card. From top to bottom, expensive video to online bio/press release, every piece is important.

Click HERE to watch the video.

The video is very well done, but I wish it could have been at least partially in color (maybe just for the car scenes and a few other scenes). Based on what they show in the video it seems like they're trying to show how vibrant and energetic the Bay is and I think a little bit of color would have highlighted that vibrance even more and really made it pop. BIG appreciation to 40 for having the RIP for Mac Dre at the end of the video.

Proponents of the hyphy movement are already proclaiming this to be the biggest thing to happen to the Bay since Humphrey The (Hyphy) Humpback Whale got stuck out here in our waters back in '85.

I have been an E-40 fan since day one so I'm glad to see him getting a chance to shine again and I have my fingers crossed that the video and the new album both blow up nationwide.

Thoughts and opinions on the song/video? Leave a comment.


Related:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, I been a fan of E-40 forever, and he's the reason I got into bay rap in the first place, but I hate that fucking song. It's just so weak to me, I can't put it in words. I can't possibly see how he could really blow up off that... who knows though, people love wack shit nowadays. Shit I know the days of the good ol' mob music are gone, but I can't bring myself to like this hyphy shit. I'm just being honest... still wish him success though, even though I feel he deserves it more for what he used to do than what he's doing now.

January 15, 2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger Doxx said...

Right on.

Just like you, I'm way more into his older music as well and haven't really been able to get into the hyphy music from him or anyone actually. The sound just doesn't do it for me. It doesn't seem as musical to me like the mob shit.

So me and you are in the same boat... I love 40 and regardless of how I feel about his new direction, I want to see him do well.

January 16, 2006 12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea mayn we doin it big it tha biggity biggity bay yadadamsayin? we fuckin thizz facin ghost ridin till tha sun come up mayn... hyphy is blown up tha entire world Nation of Thizzlam yadadadmagig? thizz or die you beezies!

February 12, 2006 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home