Monday, March 06, 2006

MTV's "My Block: The Bay" Segment

Here's that MTV piece about the Bay Area hip hop scene that I mentioned the other day. I don't have the HTML skills to embed the Windows Media version in my post so here's the YouTube version below (it looks like YouTube decided to take a shit right before I posted this so check back later and the video should be here) and if you wanna sit through a long ass download for a much better quality Windows Media version you can click here. Or just watch the repeats on MTV2 and MTV. Also here's a nice article from MTV to accompany the piece.

It's pretty decent although I feel some of the artist profiles were too short (San Quinn for one) and a lot of people who really should have been involved were left out (The Jacka for one). But I can't really complain because:


A) At least MTV did something about the Bay.

and

B) I'm sure they didn't purposely say "We don't want such and such person." I imagine it was just a matter of how much time they had alloted and whether or not certain people could make it or not.


Whatever. Like I said at least they did a positive piece about the Bay Area. What's with those chicks at the beginning and their totally scripted conversation though? That was a strange intro.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the intro was so phony. Do they always do that with every My Block show?

March 07, 2006 4:12 AM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Check this out, maybe you might find some stuff you like:

RapInjustice

Thanks

March 08, 2006 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that shit did look hella scripted, which made the bay look hella corny.


NOW WHAT DOES YADIDAMEAN MEAN?!

March 09, 2006 12:49 AM  
Blogger Doxx said...

Honestly, I don't know if they do one of those type of intros for all the "My Block" pieces. I hope not.

I can't believe that during final editing no one spoke up and said, "Damn, that intro is corny as fuck. Can we cut that shit please?"

March 10, 2006 7:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man San Francisco needed more rappers, like Guce, messy marv, Gangsta flea, Andre Nickatina. They should have mentioned Rappin 4 Tay As well

February 21, 2007 9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home