Wednesday, May 17, 2006

It's An East Palo Alto Extravaganza!!!

Fuckin' YouTube, I love you. Whatever fuckin' nerd put that shit together deserves to be richer than Bill Gates.

So I stumbled upon three classic East Palo Alto videos from the mid-90s and as fucked up as my life is right now, they made me smile because I remember being in the midst of all this stuff during that era. I figure some of you might like them as well. Maybe you've never seen them and they'll be new and fresh to you or maybe you remember them like I do and they'll send you on a trip down memory lane.

NOTE: Until I'm done moving and all settled, pretty much all my posts are gonna be videos from YouTube.

First up is "Squares Wanna Be Players" by Roots From The Underground featuring Chunk. Goddamn that beat is dope. I don't have the album in front of me, but if I remember correctly, the video version has different music then the album version. Look for the E-40 and Little Bruce cameo.



Here's "California Game" by SIC (Sic Insane Criminals). Shout out to Splerg and K9. Long time no talk. Where's that goddamn new album? The Bay needs it!!!



And finally here's my favorite out of the three, "Backstreet Life" by Totally Insane. Ad Kapone and Ten Dolla (fka Mac-10) were such an underrated duo and this beat is riknockulous. Shout out to Ad on lockdown, but coming home soon I believe. I got a lot of respect for that dude because as a snot nosed kid in high school before I got into the "industry" I wrote to the Totally Insane fan club 'cause I thought the Goin' Insane album was the greatest thing I had ever heard. I guess with my letter I sent a little questionaire with my address and phone number and all that shit. One day the phone rang and Ad Kapone was on the line thanking me for the letter. The fact that he did that always stood out to me and I'll always have respect for him 'cause of that. Now, when he touches back down he's gonna be working with my boy Gabe over at Apartment 3 and dropping an album. Can't wait...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

goddam doxx, this is bryan. i used to be with crack or jack. i just shot you an email. good to see you blogging. I love the site, great videos, and i was totally stoked to see the backstreet life video, i loved that video. I see you're cool with the apartment 3 guys too, i used to run that site too. hit me back man.

November 05, 2006 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home